Tuesday, October 8, 2013

My Moses

Many moons ago the life of little baby boy was threatened. One mother
decided that in order to save her baby she would need to give him up.
She fashioned a basket to hold the baby. She cried and kissed the child
good-bye as she lay him in the river and walked away perhaps hearing him
cry for her. He would die if he were to stay with her. Would he ever
forgive her? Would he know that this was the only way to let him live? 


I have a Moses. 


Two and a half years ago a child was left under a tree near a bridge
with a note stating that his mother loved him, but could not take care
of him. The life of this child was threatened due to his medical
condition. Left with her he would die. She longed for another family
to care for her child in ways that she could not. I can only imagine
the fear and sadness that she felt walking away from her baby. Did she
hear him cry? Did she hide to see if anyone found him and came to his
rescue? What would his life be like without her? Would he hate her?
Did she grieve for him?  


I have a Moses. 


God knew before time that the baby in the basket would be found floating
down that river by an Egyptian princess, grow up in a home, and eventually lead his people. 


I have a Moses. 


God knew before time that in China a baby boy would be found under a
tree, brought into the care of a princess, a daughter of the King, grow
up in a Christian home, and eventually reach people with God's love (at
least that's my prayer). 


I have a Moses.  

I know that the Lord has a great plan for Judah, as he does for all of
us. And I am so very excited to see what is in store for this abandoned
child under the care of this daughter of the King.

2 comments:

  1. Amen, Jeri. :) Many people ask me why we adopted instead of trying all the ways available today to get pregnant. One aspect of my answer is, if not me, who else would teach her (and in God's time, him) to love God if I didn't? God gives us our wonderful, challenging children because HE has a plan. :) Praying for you and your "Moses" as the transition continues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful story of love! You have such a beautiful heart! And Judah is very blessed because of your and your husband's choice to follow God's leading in this. I'm sure all your lives will be forever changed - very much for the better. I continue to pray for all of you.
    - Lisa

    ReplyDelete